Disable Automatic Hardware detection

Discussion in 'Software' started by greybuffalo, Mar 11, 2008.

1. greybuffalo

greybuffalo Staff Sergeant

This must be an old easy thing to rectify,I guess I have to go to"Device manager" first,duh,but how do I get there?:confused

2. Jerkyking

Jerkyking Sergeant Major

Right click My Computer and select Manage. However I believe to disabel Auto Detection (plug and play) you need to access the BIOS.

3. greybuffalo

Thanx for that,doing the bios thing sounds quite dodgy?is it difficult?:confused

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Actually, you need to disable the Plug and Play service and the Universal Plug and Play Host Adapter service. You can use the step above to access your Services, or click Start > Run and type msconfig and press Enter. Then click the Services tab, uncheck the appropriate boxes, click OK, agree to any warnings, then reboot when prompted to.

5. greybuffalo

Would you just take a look please at what I have ticked and what I dont and let me know if anything needs to be ticked or unticked........
    Thanx
    I can only fit two on here

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2008

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds