Call of Duty -Better than MoH?

Discussion in 'Software' started by fiver22, Nov 19, 2003.

1. fiver22

fiver22 Sergeant

Better than MoH? -that depends on you. -It is *much* more difficult than MoH but 'better' depends on how many ppl join the multiplayer....and how long it takes them to release an editor, I suppose... /end thought

2. Dane

Dane Private E-2

Well it should be better, I mean its the same darn people that made the two games, I would think they should be able to improve it.

3. igotthestuf

igotthestuf Private E-2

id say CoD

I haven't even played CoD, but reading the reviews and counting on the developers to learn from previous mistakes, I would go with CoD.

You can vote on it at www.planetmetalofhonor.com

4. lubetek

lubetek Private First Class

without a doubt COD is better. love both games.

5. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

just got done finishin COD, damn this game will blow you away, looks good, missions are good, AI is good too, sound is just simply incredible if you've got a decent soundcard and it sure as hell is a very impressive game overall. The best WW2 shooter this year imo.

6. lubetek

lubetek Private First Class

agreed

7. Dizgruntled

Dizgruntled Private E-2

It is the best shooter in its class by far. I have NEVER played a game where your squad does so much, with out haveing to direct them and keep them in line. The AI is killer, broad selection of weapons. Graphics...well, yeah you probably already know what I'm gonna say. Certainly needs a DX9 card, my buddy bought the game the same day I did. His puter is nearly identical to mine, minus mobo manufatuer and one important detail. I have a FX 5600 Ultra, he has a GF4 MX-440. HUGE noticable difference. Like the water aroung the ship on his computer is a flat/color textured mass. With DX9 and card that uses it, you get the awesome ripple affeces and the waves we've all come to love so. I reccommend it though even if you don't have a high(er) end card. The game play will make up for it. (the er was for me, cause I know mine ain't much to scream about compared to whats out today, but I'm happy wit it)

8. Dizgruntled

Dizgruntled Private E-2

Sorry guys, what does IMO mean? I see it everywhere and I never know what it is.

9. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

IMO=in my opinion
    IMHO=in my honest opinion

10. HASSELBLAD

HASSELBLAD Sgt. Smirnoff

I thought......

H = Humble ?

Maybe we can find the person that invented "IMHO" to tell us hat the "H" means ;)

11. HASSELBLAD

HASSELBLAD Sgt. Smirnoff

HA!!

"IMHO // abbrev. [from SF fandom via Usenet; abbreviation for `In My Humble Opinion'] "IMHO, mixed-case C names should be avoided, as mistyping something in the wrong case can cause hard-to-detect errors -- and they look too Pascalish anyhow." Also seen in variant forms such as IMNSHO (In My Not-So-Humble Opinion) and IMAO (In My Arrogant Opinion)."

You may have owned the "I" but I owned the "H". IMAO ;)

12. Shadowchaser

Shadowchaser A Really Great Guy

Hasselbad, wouldn't that depend on whether or not you actually ARE humble??? LOL

13. Dane

Dane Private E-2

I finally tried it, wasnt to impressed, had to download the ATi patch to get it running, which for some reason caused my computer to crash, however I didnt like it much, dont get me wrong, graphics are great and the sound to, but the storyline is so strict in the missions and I hate that. And it is so close to MOH that I wouldnt push it to people that allready have MOH

14. fiver22

fiver22 Sergeant

Really? -that's gotta bite: I've found that while sound and graphics were better that it was actually easier on my PC. -I still Love MoH, btw.
    ps -I'm running a GeForce TI4600. I wonder if other ATI users have had the same problem?

15. Dizgruntled

Dizgruntled Private E-2

Another funny thing about it is that if you have the Nforce2 400 ultra, you have to switch your CD-ROM to PIO mode other wise it will give you a No-Cd error.

16. ascii13

ascii13 Private E-2

I didnt really try MoH but Cod must be better graphically since it supports DX9!!!

17. ICeMaN

ICeMaN Master Sergeant

Not really a huge improvement, as they both use the same game engine, which was pretty much optimized for Dx7

18. ascii13

ascii13 Private E-2

you mean i bought a DX9 Compatible Graphic card for nothing? ho , wait H-L² is coming!!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds