Sounds problems: Spotify, MP3s

Discussion in 'Software' started by jbuk, Dec 20, 2013.

1. jbuk

jbuk Private E-2

I've re-installed Realtek HD audio...This worked fine. Youtube videos play as they should. However, Spotify does not play with sound, nor do any other audio files I try to play with VLC/WMP.
    I've tried updating the drivers too, to no avail..

Could it be a soundcard/registry problem?
    If it is a registry problem, I have a Combo Fix log that I can paste in. Surely a soundcard issue would affect youtube/internet sound too.

thanks for any replies

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version and Service Pack are you using?
    What make and model is your PC and if a OEM (like HP, DELL etc) then make and model please?

Did you install the driver for audio from the maker of your PC or Motherboard or via a driver updater app?

Audio is likely not to be an issue with registry and Combofix will not be the answer, as its not likely to hold any clues as to a random audio issue as you have sound in soe apps but not others, so do you have any audio codec packs installed as in Sharks Codecs or K-Lite?

Uninstall VLC and any codec packs if you have them installed, reboot and see if any MP3s play ok with WMP, if they do then test Spotify and does audio play, report back and we can go from there, with all info from above, so please answer as best as possible, if you don't know hardware and software questions then the below guide and log can help us, so follow exactly as written.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds