BlockBuster or NetFlix?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by thisisu, Sep 3, 2006.

?

BlockBuster or Netflix?

1. BlockBuster

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Netflix

100.0%
  1. thisisu

thisisu Malware Consultant

I think these are the two major companies which offer renting DVDs online. I was just wondering, how is the service? Do you get your DVDs on time, any comments about either of these services? And.. I've looked at www.blockbuster.com for their deal packages (because it's been months since i've even been around a blockbuster), and I was just wondering, since it seems that they have lowered some of their prices, for example, you can rent dvds online now starting at $5.99/mo (used to be at least $9.99 a few months ago). I can figure all this out later, whenever I'm within 2000 miles of a BlockBuster, but I'd just like to know in advance.

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I have used Netflix for a few years now. I have ALWAYS received my movies within 2 days time if they were slated as "available". Since I live about 1.5 hours away from a warehouse, I sometimes get them the next day.

I've never had a lost shipment.

Their website is well organized (could use a little tweak here and there, but all around well done) and I'm able to find the movies I want quickly.

I would give them a 9/10.

Having never used blockbusters online rental system I cannot compare the two, however, I've never ever liked how they "played the game" in the past and it's one of the main reasons why I don't and won't ever return to use their services.

3. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

I've had a couple of friends that have used both!! They say Netflix is the way to go!! Blockbuster always seemed to be meesing something up!! It was either the wrong movie, the turnaround for the new movie was sometimes 2 weeks (20 minutes from the warehouse, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't mail service) or they lost it and tried to say they didn't return it!!

Now they both use netflix and like it and have not trouble with it!!

Roger

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds