HELP! Hyperlinks not showing up in Firefox...

Discussion in 'Software' started by HeinousMark, Feb 14, 2009.

1. HeinousMark

HeinousMark Private E-2

Yesterday an odd problem arose: I went to a website that I use daily, and on the "Welcome Page", none of the hyperlinks show up (using Firefox3.0.6). I tried Safari, and had no problems, and none of the other users on the website are having problems with Firefox. No other website has this problem when I surf.

I didn't change or upgrade anything and the day before, the problem didn't occur. No one in the Mozilla forums has helped yet, and at least one other person has the same problem. It annoys me because I prefer Firefox, and I don't like mysteries...

Mac Dual 2GHz PPC G5
    4GB DDR SDRAM
    OSX 10.5.6
    Firefox 3.0.6

Thanks for any help.

2. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

This isn't a tech answer or may not even a solution you were looking for. but why not uninstall firefox completely and reinstall it and see if you have the same problem.
    Other than that hang on a check back someone here will probably have a answer for you

3. HeinousMark

HeinousMark Private E-2

I've tried that, but thanks. I've always like Firefox, but their support really sucks. I guess that's why it's free...

4. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Is it all hyperlinks not working or just a few sites? If only some sites even if you have done it before, try: Tools>Clear Private Data>mark Cache, Offline Website Data and Cookies for deletion.

5. HeinousMark

HeinousMark Private E-2

Thanks for the advice, but I figured it out... Adblock Plus updates itsself with a generic list of sites (?), and it blocked the site in question without my knowledge. I just unchecked it and now all is good. I do appreciate the help, though. I've bookmarked this site for future emergencies. I hope to be a Major Geek someday, too!!!

6. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Thanks for letting us know your resolution. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds