Error Code 10

Discussion in 'Software' started by technoidiot, Feb 29, 2004.

1. technoidiot

technoidiot Private E-2

After installing SCSI Card. It shows up with Error (Code 10).:confused: Have not been able to find a listing for error codes.:( Was wondering if anyone knew what this code indicated. Also, any ideas where I can get a complete listing of these codes.

Cards are Adaptec 1510/1520 series.

Thanks

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

wrong driver most likely.

3. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

agreed with kodo check your drivers
    heres a site but generally you need the source of the error as well

errors

4. technoidiot

technoidiot Private E-2

Thanks for answers. However, These are the drivers from adaptec for the cards (2) specified. Could it be the cards themselves are bad? Have other cards by different companies that I can't seem to find the right drivers for and can understand those with the error. But these came direct from adaptec. As for the link thanks but can't seem to locate the list for win 98se. Or, Am I looking in the wrong place.

Thanks

5. General_Lee_Stoned

hi techno
    sorry didnt realise you were on 98
    ive just had a quick look at the KB and found this not exactly the same problem but might be a work-around if not there is a link on that page to troubleshoot hardware in 98
    try this

6. technoidiot

technoidiot Private E-2

General Lee

Thanks, got info and will try. :cool:

Also found a complete list of error codes while exporing the M$ site. Hard to find. Also exploring the idea of updated to XP Pro. Any ideas what this will do to the cards/drivers? I have an Abit RAID board (IDE) but would like to add SCSI to it also. Will be using a Slot 1 PIII 550MHz processor and 512 MB Ram.

Thanks again, Am learning.:D

7. General_Lee_Stoned

hi techno
    hopefully youll get something sorted there

if your thinking of upgrading to xp and you want to know how your hardware will hold up go here and you can download an upgrade advisor should give you the info you need

xp upgrade

8. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

If you're running 9x, you can't upgrade to XP Pro. You can only go to XP Home. You have to have 2k or NT 4 to upgrade to XP Pro.

9. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

That is incorrect, sir. Only Home is restricted on what it upgrades (9x only).

Pro will upgrade 9x and NT OSes.

EDIT:

9x classification in this case removes all flavors of Windows 95.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2004
  10. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

So it is! I coulda sworn I just saw a table on MS's site that said you had to go to Home. I now find this that says otherwise. Thanks for noting my error!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds