Just Reformated And I need a Good Disk Image Program.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kaotic, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Kaotic

Kaotic Private E-2

Hello all,

While I know quite abit about computers and the workings of a personal computer I have yet to create a hard drive image. Now that I have installed a clean install of XP Pro and all of the software I use, I would like to create an image so that I can avoid the pain taking task of doing this whenever something gets fubar'ed when running the same install of XP for a few months. So any suggestions are very much apreciated. Thanks all.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

3. Kaotic

Kaotic Private E-2

Awesome, Thank You Halo. Will download it and give it a go. :)

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I actually purchased that the other day for my XP SP2 testing.. I liked it..:)

5. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Hi Kaotic, I've used Drive Image from powerquest for a couple of years now. 2002 version but you gotta pay for it. Happy with it. 2002 version doesn't work with USB though, later versions might. Just restored complete AOL backup from it this morning, for example, and selected files over the past few days to correct some problems. Has a similat interface to Windows Explorer for selecting and restoring files, etc, so is not a great learning curve. Bazza

===

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds