Windows XP Update / System Restore?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Sonic Youth, Sep 6, 2004.

1. Sonic Youth

Sonic Youth Private E-2

Hey,

Hopefully I'm not embarrasing myself with the simplicity of this question but, here goes...

My current operating system is Windows XP Professional, which I upgraded to from Windows ME. I only upgraded the system, I didn't do a full installation of Windows XP.

I've decided to restore my system because of various spyware issues (tired of them), as well as a complete lack of maintanence. So, by reformatting, I can start with a clean slate. But I'm not real sure how to go about it. Smart ole' me never took the time to create any system restore discs, either.

Should I do the original system restore and reduce my computer down to Windows ME, and then run the Windows XP Pro upgrade? That would be my last resort (if possible) because it'd be tedious and time-consuming.

If not, what do you suggest?

I've got both the Windows ME system restore disc and the Windows XP Professional disc, which can serve as an upgrade or a complete installation. What should I do and how would I go about doing it?

Sorry. As you can see, I'm definitely not too computer saavy.

Thanks in advance. - Joe

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds