Pogo.com with Win ME

Discussion in 'Software' started by tester36, Sep 12, 2005.

1. tester36

tester36 Private First Class

Hi Ya'll,
    I have been in the spyware section with Chaslang getting rid of spyware on my friend's machine Windows ME with DSL. The spyware is cleaned off and the thing appears to run fine for a while then it gets slower and slower until it freezes up or almost it does this the worst when she is in pogo.com which is where she has her favorite games. Her protection includes AVG, Spybot S&D,
    spyware blaster, CCleaner, Cleanup,SE Adware personal,ZA firewall. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I know a new machine would be nice but that is not a financial reality right now. I work away from home all week so my appearance during the week might be spotty but I will be in on weekends.

thanks in advance,
    steph

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

A guess would be that there is some difficult spyware that was not removed. Often times, this requires the use of Hijack This or specialized tools. We got a couple guys who help in the spyware forum who are, to me, practically geniuses in this area.

Try doing the steps in this thread:
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407

And if it continues, start a new thread there (reference this thread) and be sure to do all the steps first.

3. tester36

tester36 Private First Class

Hey Major,
    as per my post I just left spyware specific and I most certainly think Chaslang is a genius, but he released me to ya'll .Hijack this log is posted in spyware specific and it has been cleared.
    any other suggestions?
    steph :confused:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds