mscomctl.ocx

Discussion in 'Software' started by Englishman, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Englishman

Englishman Private E-2

Hi there,
    I'm running Vista, and one of the programmes kicks up that the above file missing or corrupt. All the searches etc refer to corrections for XP. Would the same proceedures be used in my case?
    Any advice greatfully accepted.

2. chipper_atmacneil

chipper_atmacneil Private First Class

Englishman,

It sounds like you might be running Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0. That particular version is out of date, and may be incompatible with Windows Vista. If that's the case, you can uninstall 6.0 and get an up-to-date version here free from Microsoft. Visual Basic 2005 runs on Vista with little or no difficulty.

Hope this helps you.

Chipper :)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2007
  3. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

Actually missing mscomctl.ocx messages do not necessarily mean you are running Visual Basic. It really means that some application you are running requires this library file and it is missing, corrupted or not registered.

Also note that as far as Microsoft states, VB6 is okay with Vista: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vbrun/ms788708.aspx

Based on the above, I would expect the same fixes that work for WinXP will work here.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds