problem w/ tcp optimizer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mjw219, Jan 2, 2008.

1. mjw219

mjw219 Private E-2

I don't know if anyone else on this board is familiar with speedguide's tcp optimizer. I recently downloaded it onto my computer in an attempt to tweak the tcp/ip setting on windows xp to speed up my connection. I set everything to optimum settings and rebooted my computer. Since then I have been getting a cannot find server error everytime I connect to internet explorer. I tried resetting everything back to the windows default settings and still couldn't connect to the internet. Also tried turning off the modem and turning it back on. The connection is fine and tcp/ip is turned on on network places. The network is still sending and recieving packets. Been two weeks without internet. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be the problem and how I can co about resolving this?

2. jnorman10

jnorman10 Private E-2

You could try a winsock fix and check your antivirus settings as well.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds