resetting password on acer erecovery

Discussion in 'Software' started by manardshizz, Nov 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manardshizz

manardshizz Private E-2

I'm trying to do the acer eRestore function on an acer laptop. I can get into the restore, but the person who owns the laptop has a password on the recovery function and cannot remember what it is. I tried the acer default 000000 password and that didn't work. Does anyone know how to change this password or get around this?

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Only thing I could find:

3. manardshizz

manardshizz Private E-2

Yea, that's not what I needed. I can get into the eRestore function fine. Once I'm there I need to get around the password.

I found this info on a different site....

The password is stored in a file on the hidden partition. The best way to get at this is to use something like "The Ultimate Boot CD" that will run a complete system from a cd. Once it is booted, you can navigate to the file %drive letter%\TOOLS\AIMDRS.DAT

use any text editor or notepad to view this file and find the password. THats all i was able to find out. As i said, i did not need to try this solution myself.

I tried this but was unable to locate that file.

please help!!!

4. comprenWH

comprenWH Private E-2

Here's what I found.
    -Download Hiren's Boot CD 9.8
    -Boot to it and boot into MiniXP
    -After it loads, open Notepad and minimize it. You'll need it later.
    -Open the Hiren's Boot Menu app and scroll to the "Recovery" menu, then select Partition Find and Mount.
    -Select your physical HD and do a Normal Scan of the drive.
    -Once you find the hidden partition (approx. 5Gigs), mount it as any unused drive letter.
    -The AIMDRS.DAT file will be on the root of the drive. Now drag that file to Notepad that you opened earlier. Here's what it should look like:
    [MyData]
    PD=xxxxxx
    HT=<password hint>

whatever password you used should be displayed beside "PD".

Write that password down, reboot to Normal Windows and run the recovery managment tool.

Viola!!

5. niospecv

niospecv Private E-2

Was there ever a solution to this? I'm having the exact same problem with my Acer Aspire One netbook.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds