What happened?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by joey off the street, Apr 10, 2009.

1. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

WTF? Sorry to be a pain in the ar*e, but I've just written a perfect 200 word essay regarding the thread 'What should be done?' (in Hot Topics), but it's fecking disappeared after I was told I wasn't logged in.
    I visited another website to check something (I'm assuming this is the reason for the message), and when I submitted, was told I wasn't logged in. I relogged in, let the automatic proceed button click, but was faced with 'Your submission could not be forwarded as you are already logged in (or something along those lines.) Please press the back button and blah blah blah'.
    I got this three times so backed up to the reply page and lo! No text. What's happened? :(
    I'm going to rewrite the reply, but it might not be as perfect as the original. :-D

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Dunno, at times if you didnt tick the Remember Me option and you take a while in typing up a reply (know done it myself) you can be logged out due to inactivity, which is why I would suggest ticking the box, but if a long reply first type it in Notepad, Word or similar wordprocessing app.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  3. abz1nthe

abz1nthe Command Sergeant Major

haha damn joey that's a bummer. I have done that before on other forums..

4. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Apple + A (or Control + A if you're a Windows loser) before you hit post - always do that before typing a long post!

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

:major Wonder if that works on forum user accounts! may save me from going oooops! what happend to McA.... he was here a minute ago ;)rolleyes

6. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

@mcadam...where ya been goober??

7. abz1nthe

You know anything about Setting up an Exchange Activesync account on an iTouch Mcadam?

Was gonna pm ya but you got it disabled :p

8. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

Nearly thanked you, mcadam til I saw the loser bit. However, will try it next time....;)

[​IMG]

9. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Yep, always copy and paste your replies into either WordPad or MS Word, or whatever. That way, you'll always have a copy of what you typed and won't have the last forty minutes or so well wasted. Also handy for spell/content checking of posts. As said, if you take too long in between writing up the post and pressing reply, you could end up auto- logged out, with all your efforts done in vain. Done it myself in the past, but not for a few years.;)

10. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

HA! I think you're suffering from my amnesia....

Been kicking around, uni work is tiring enough as well as keeping the mrs constantly happy!

PM's aren't disabled mate, drop me an email to mcadam88 [at] gmail [dot] com and I'll try and help!

Well if you got a real computer then we wouldn't have a problem would we! :p

11. Remoc

Remoc Private E-2

You can also simply hit "Preview Post" every few minutes or so to keep your posting from timing out and active.

I do agree with the majority here, by using MS Word if the post is something of relative importance.

12. abz1nthe

Will do thanks Mcadam

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds