Royal Wedding

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by iain.t, Apr 28, 2011.

1. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Just seen my Otherhalf and the youngest on Sky News outside of Westminster Abbey, My daughter has just been picked to do a Rice Crispies advert, proper poser,not camera shy like myself :-D
    The photo uploaded was took about three year ago.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

:) Cute shot. Congrats on the ad for her.

They've been showing coverage here in the US on the wedding nonstop today, it seems. I kinda can't wait until it's over tomorrow. LOL

3. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Same here!! been told if i dont watch it and miss recording when eva i see them i in BIG bother :-D, I've heard nothing but the bloody thing since it was announced,(wife is an avid Diana fan),so as you can imagine I am LOVING the peace and quite for three days :-D:-D. Our street are having a big street party tomorrow (any excuse to get the gargle out:wine ;) though i personally dont drink!!).
    There are loads of folk from the USA and Canada there, the wife has made some new friends with a couple in a tent beside hers who are from over that side of the pond!!

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Sorry, but I just can't get behind all the hoopla!! :zzz

5. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Hey Tim I am the same, the monarchy should have been dissolved when we became a democracy, but it will never happen because of all the revenue it attracts through tourism and 'Specifically timed Weddings'.

6. oma

oma MajorGeek

Nice pic! Your daughter must be really exited to do the ad!

Since Canada is so closely connected to Britain, we're seeing it all and some. However, I won't get up that early in the A.M.

The royal couple will visit this country on their honeymoon in July.

7. motc7

motc7 Vice Admiral (Starfleet)

Me either...I have nothing but contempt for the saxe-coburg-gotha

8. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Cute kid in the picture. I am confused by the title of the thread. Who is getting married? The kid certainly looks way too young... :-D

9. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

It's Princess Diana's eldest son that is getting married (only time he'll get to see the flowers at his funeral:-D:-D).
    Yeah my daughter is only 10yrs but like most 10 year olds she has an attitude of a 20 year old!!!!! I am wrong she is right!! i no nothing she knows everything!!,TYPICAL WOMAN!!!!:-D

10. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Ian.t

Wow neat on your daughter being picked for an advert, is this a local or national one? either way "cool" :)

As for the wedding I'm a bit like TimW, but I may watch a bit of it later on, not going to be sitting in front of the TV for most of the day though, as its sunny outside and you know us Brits have to make the most of the sunshine.

Nice happy thread apart from one comment in which they wouldn't best like it if I posted what I was going too, I'm not a Royalist but I still believe in a countries history and the monarchy does still like today attract visitors from all over the globe to see a big house and some soldiers (more to see if they can make them flinch or waiting for them to pass-out due to heat), makes me laugh when I'm in London for work.

Have to say with some of the things going on locally in the few villages around here its sparked a bit of pride in Britain or that community spirit that I have not seen in a while or since the Queens Jubilee in 1977 and we have another next year.

11. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

I can't either . . . heck, I got bored at my own wedding :-D The airwaves have been chock full of coverage for days! You can't get away from it.

Nothing against the British and their monarchy; Yeah, we had a bit of a dust up with your King George II a few years back, but bygones are bygones :) More power to the royal couple! They have to be more burned out by all of it then anybody else.

Hey! All this coverage could be called a second British invasion! No, that was the Beatles. Ok - a third British invasion!

@ iain.t - congratulations on your daughter being picked for the advertisement. That's pretty cool :)

12. DavidGP

Not as a history lesson as I'd have to look it up, but I thought it was George III (only because I was watching the Last of the Mohicans the other night) so did George II take us into North America but George III left after a butt whoopping? either way both where war mongers.

LMAO @ 3rd British Invasion :)

13. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

One of the neighbours came round asking me to sign a piece of paper supporting them in their choise to have a street party:confused I read it and said by me signing this a accept liability for any damage done by the party?

I'll go as far as to say I didn't sign it:) Have a party I don't mind I even gave them a donation to help pay for it,you break a window or scratch a car I wouldn't have a fit its just an accident but I ain't accepting liability for your kids:-D

As soon as I woke up I heard kids screaming and having fun, that's the only reason I remembered today was no ordinary day,today is the day I realised I'm not having kids.

14. DavidGP

Superb LMAO :-D

15. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

Oh, I didn't mean the revolutionary war . . . that 'lil fracus, ha!

I meant the War of Jenkins' Ear. My given name, sir, is Inigo Montoya . . .

:innocent

roflmao

Actually, sir, you are exactly right . . . It was King George III. I dropped an I! :-o

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  16. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

God save the Queen! Long live the happy couple!

17. DavidGP

I'm always dropping I's slippery little buggers.

Indeed and she looks radiant today, thought I was going to need sunglasses with that yellow suit she's wearing ;)

18. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

The Belgian royal family and the British royals are related (they all began with the Saxon Coburgs) so there will be a gang of ours over there today.

We have a TV channel devoted to the wedding that began at 09.00 and continues throughout the whole day.

I can not say i am a royalist so will not get too excited but i wish them well and hope the media do not do to Kate what they did to Diana.

19. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Will the cameras/press be around for the Royal Wedding Late-Night Consummation Festivities? If so, I wouldn't mind watching some of that...:drool :-D :wave

20. DavidGP

Looking at the TV schedule the media are there later for the later party (likely just watching who is arriving and what they are wearing) but somehow don't think they will be invited into to that bit of the night.

Just watched the Parade back to Buck Palace and have to say was impressive, one of the things we can get right is a bit of pomp and ceremony.

21. Caliban

Ya, just kidding - I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

She is a beautiful girl - they make a good looking couple. Wish them the best.

Man, I didn't know there were that many people in England! Is there anyone at all back home minding the store? :)

22. DavidGP

you know some sleezy news agency would try and snap some pics like that tho!

There's not most of them are Canadians and Americans (did see alot of US and CAN flags in the crowd), well as most had a day off work for this, seems like we where at a loose end on things to do, ah may as well go to this wedding ;)

Its good to see a good crowd out and no issues with certain protesters which is good, likely we shipped them to Gitmo beforehand for a holiday.

23. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

I'm so glad it's over. Because I really couldn't have cared less if you paid me. Congrats to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, now get the hell off my news.

24. DavidGP

Maybe for you but round two is after the midday news here, the media coverage of the Cocktails/Champers and Canapé Soiree.

I can imagine they'd have paid you to stay away wenchie ;) me I'm soaking up the sun outside on laptop, geek and sun, dunno if that mixes well, we are meant to be pasty looking inside folk that dont see the light of day and any light we do see is of the monitor.

25. dave.m

dave.m Private First Class

It has just had about six hours of TV coverage and then a quick break for the BBC World News, guess what they covered? rolleyes rolleyes

dave

26. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

Paid me? Man, I should have looked into that... crap.

Oh, I'm sure they'll continue to cover all that here too, I just can't be made to care. See, in the UK I don't know if that's the only thing going on or what, but it's definitely a big deal. Here, we just had half our country obliterated by storms and nearly 300 people died.. I really feel the news coverage would best be applied to their plight and how to assist those people in getting back to square one.

Here where I live the devastation wasn't as bad, no one died, but half the state is knocked over and a big chunk of it is flooded, so I'd like to know where I can go to help those who need it than who designed Kate's dress and why she chose it.

Then, maybe when things are mostly cleaned up hear about how nice a wedding the Royals had, and what that means for the Monarchy, etc etc.

27. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

I'm almost afraid to say, but I enjoyed the entire telecast. :)
    People of various nationalities lined up to catch a glimpse of a princess being made. Pretty much a fairy tale, with all the grandeur possible.
    Was a happy day for a young couple.
    Rather watch something happy (for a change) on the idiot box, than all the gloom and doom one is bombarded by 24X7.

Cheers..

28. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Thanks David. She has been picked to do a Nation Wide Ad Campaign, super over the moon for her as she been having a bit of a bad time lately ,(Nanna has cancer with not a very good prognosis), But they have thoroughly enjoyed themselves so far,come home tomorrow - peace shattered :(:cry - :-D , said they have some great shots of the whole shebang, I don't think we will se anything as grand as that again in my lifetime.
    Glad the weather stayed nice though, it's been a bit damp and windy up here,can't moan though cos of what is happening over the other side of the pond.

29. DavidGP

I agree with you Wenchie and all we get in the news these days is suffering and plight, and the devastation in the southern states is horrible to see, but we should see this to make us aware, not only for folk in the USA but globally, our news stations and press are covering the weather in the US a fair bit.

But I also think we need a bit of HAPPY news for a change, and I get tired of seeing the press look at the negative aspects of every bit of news going and hardly ever tell us the good stuff as its not ratings winner. But we do have you yanks to thank for the great William & Kate Movie, even though in the film the buses are driving on the wrong side roflmao

@Sikvik, glad we could put on a good show for you, get your calendar out for next June 2nd - 5th where we will have another for you.

Fantastic on the nation wide ad, and sorry to hear the news of her nan. I have no doubt they will be knackered but will have enjoyed the day alot.

30. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

I've had to sit and record the lot, so will be forced to watch it over and over and over and over...ect..again, I'll be able to tell you how many steps it took them to reach the alter and how many steps each horse made on the way back lol....did you see that mounted policemans horse bolt?? was the only thing that marred the event.

31. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

I didn't watch it, I saw the original, I didn't see the need to watch the sequel :-D
    But I do wish them all the best.

What gets me is being an Englishman living here in Canada, the amount of times I've been asked "Are you going to "The" wedding?"
    Are you serious? why on gods green earth would I be going to the royal wedding? Not only am I not important enough to go but I'm not in Canada as a British representative, I'm just here to live my life.

It's nearly as silly as the question "Oh you're from England? Do you know Fred Smith?"

32. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Hey!! just another excuse to get the gargle back out :-D:-D:wine:wine

These things are great to take the mind off things like that, Amy loves London,I hate it - too fast for a pit village lad like me :).

33. DavidGP

roflmao I've had that too in the US, when I was asked where about in Engaland [sic] I was from, and like you asked if I knew the Beatles :)

I dont mind it, well have to as I do go for work meetings there, but is in and out, I love big cities but London is not on my fav lists, its ok mind.

34. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

So do you know him then :-D:-D:-D

35. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Hey, is that Fred dude one of my peeps? :-D

36. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Depends on wether you a Smith or a Bassett!! :-D:-D:-D

37. Rikky

The party in my street made it on TV:)They had the street blocked off,bouncy castle,DJ it was quite an event.

We donated some money and had a massive cake made for the kids all but I didn't go to the party :cool When I saw my street on the TV a bricked it at first because I was on top of the house repairing the roof corner tiles,cementing them in and fixing the trims on the skylight I've just fitted.

I expected the camera to pan to me on the roof and say "While we enjoyed the party some were less interested!":-D

I have it recorded but unfortunately I can't get the recording off the sky box to the computer or I'd post the TV show,Northwest Tonight is the show if anyone's interested.

Kates sister is fine,hotter than Kate if you ask me.

[​IMG]

Some good genes between them.

38. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

OOoooo...........CAKE!!!!!:-D:-D

39. Caliban

[​IMG]

And there you have it, David: the Rikky News Network!!! :-D :-D :-D

40. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK MajorGeeks Forum Administrator Staff Member

I'll go with the Queens view amazing

Attached Files:

41. Rikky

Sleazy really,you consider two women buying a Stalin biography sleazy?

You must have had a sheltered life Caliban,you need to PM Timw for some links:-D

42. NICK ADSL UK

I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your minds, so that you may discern what is the will of God - what is good and acceptable and perfect. Let love be genuine; hate what is evil, hold fast to what is good; love one another with mutual affection; outdo one another in showing honour. Do not lag in zeal, be ardent in spirit, serve the Lord. Rejoice in hope, be patient in suffering, persevere in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the saints; extend hospitality to strangers. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly; do not claim to be wiser than you are. Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all. If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all.

What a magnificent reading read by james middleton

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  43. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

44. DavidGP

Had to laugh at a news clip of the cartwheeling verger HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

only in the UK!

45. Rikky

That's what I did when it was all over:-D

46. DavidGP

Hopefully not off your roof :-D or I will have to watch Look Northwest, damn I dont really watch that channel, as you know I get that news station also.

47. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

Attached Files:

48. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Why? :confused Did it turn into a brawl? :-D :-D

49. Rikky

I expected it to,all the little skirmishes that happened throughout the year about balls hitting cars,going into gardens,parking space arguments ect.ect.

I was gutted when everyone went to bed and I didn't hear any sirens.:-D

50. NICK ADSL UK

This is for Tim ;):-D

royal wedding cake
    And what a eye opener the cake was absolutely stunning

[​IMG]

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds