Empire total war problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Adi087, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Adi087

Adi087 Private E-2

Hello
    I have a problem with Empire Total War. When i turn the game loads, i see the loading screen and after 10 seconds the computer hangs/crash ;[
    I don't know what i must do ;[ HELP!

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version and Service Pack are you using?

What are your hardware specs of your PC and the below can help, do attach your log as described.

Do you get any visable error messages at all and what are they in full, so any codes and faulting applications would be helpful, you can also open Event Viewer and then run the game and when it hangs/crashes look in Event Viewer (found at Start, click Control Panel, click Performance and Maintenance, click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Event Viewer) in the Application or System logs and the very top Red X error in either of them will be your issue, copy the erorr and then paste into a Notepad file and attach the same as the Speccy log above.

Only need the error at that specific time, of the game crash, as other errors can be normal and not part of this games issue.

Have you updated your graphics driver of late? (hardware specs as in the Speccy log can help with this, and also if your PC is a pre-build one like from DELL, HP, ACER etc then mention make and model).

Is your hardware specs actually compatible with the game, in that have you run the game ok before and this is a new issue, or is the game new and not been fully working, can test if your PC can run said game HERE

3. Adi087

Adi087 Private E-2

Okey.
    I have Windows 7 64-bit ver.6.1 and (o_O) i don't have any service pack.
    Hardware specs of my Pc:
    Laptop Acer aspire 5732ZG
    Windows 7
    Procesor: Pentium(R) Duel-Core T4500 2,30GHZ
    RAM 3 GB
    Type sysytem 64-bit
    Kart ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570
    I don'y have any visual error when game crash;/
    I updated my driver yesterday.
    This game is new and i know this game can run on my PC.
    I apologize for any errors or ambiguities my English is weak;]

Attached Files:

4. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

Empire Total War is the most unstable of the series, I own it and play it sometimes but it's very buggy.
    I don't think the problem lies with your system, more with the game itself.
    Thee have been several Patch fixes for it since release, all of which are available on the official website.I suggest you make sure it's 100% up to date before looking at your PC.

I've experienced many types of crash, from what you're describing to total lock-up when entering a Naval base or battle. One game would run perfectly fine as long as I didn't click on anything to do with the Navy lol

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Dont see anything that links to a file error in your Event Log as the Degradation flag is listed as "false" so I would be leaning towards what nedlamar mentions above and check on the game patches and install those and see how you go.

6. Adi087

Adi087 Private E-2

Sorry i dont write it but i have same problem with Napoleon;/ But madieval II run good;] Later i will patch game. Mayby a should install service pack?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  7. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

Yeah Napoleon had some issues as well, it's the same engine as Empire. Although they have now got Napoleon working fairly well, I was playing it last week and only crashed twice.
    Medieval 2 was stable as hell, solid as a rock, probably the best one, I wish they would remake it but use the graphics and tweaks that Napoleon has.

But yeah, patch patch patch, might be some pretty hefty file sizes for the patches, I seem to remember one of them being about 800mb for Empire.

Even having said that, like I said, Empire still has some pretty big issues, they didn't really seem to care about that game so much, almost like it was a test phase for Shogun 2 (which I didn't like much).
    It's a shame but there's little we can do, if I remember right it took them over 6 months to release the first patch for Empire, it was virtually unplayable at that time for many people.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds