Stupid is as.....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by comperroruter, Dec 7, 2005.

1. comperroruter

comperroruter Darth Meatloaf

O.K. Making some dinner for the family and decide that I should make a nice Marsala fruit glaze for the ham. Cooking is going along fine and I light the Marsala glaze in order to kill the alcohol (no drunk kid for me). Alcohol is a burning away and after a minute I decide it has burned enough. I blow heartily into the pot in a vain attempt to put out the blaze.

I am reminded of a few scenes in the movie backdraft. My left eyelashes are now 1/2 the size of my right and my lips are still "tingling". Be warned kiddies, only adults should play with fire.

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

IMHO, its only stupid if you do it twice.

:D :D :D

3. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

At least if you did it twice you might even up your left and right eyebrows to the same length :p

4. gal1998

gal1998 solo-cob

I am glad you weren't hurt worse, but have to say I did chuckle when your image came into my mind.

And, like Adrynalyne said, sort of, hope you learn from your mistake.
    Gal

5. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

Perhaps you should keep a fire extinguisher at close hand...just tell them it's pamesan cheese on top!!

Roger

6. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

Reminds me of when I used to teach Surveyor's how determine an azimuth with a survey instrument using the sun.

"Never look at the sun thru the 28 power telescope of the instrument; without the sun filter attached. You only have two chances to get it right."

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds