Sony Vaio SZ laptop help with touchpad please

Discussion in 'Software' started by bennos, Apr 8, 2008.

1. bennos

bennos Private First Class

I’ve made a really bad mistake. While installing the driver for a new wireless mouse I managed to remove the functions of the touchpad of the laptop. All I can do now on the touchpad is move the pointer around… no tapping or any of it’s other previous functions, like slide and back/forward abilities.

The laptop is a Sony Vaio SZ34GP. The operating system is XP Pro.

Looking forward to some assistance!!

2. joelsz

joelsz First Sergeant

3. bennos

bennos Private First Class

Thanks very much Joelsz. I looked for it myself but didn't come across the link you sent.

4. gregdbowen

gregdbowen Private E-2

the SZ series is notrious for having a crappy trackpad - I struggled with mine for years - sent it back to Sony and they said that I needed a new motherboard.

Yeah, right... to fix the track pad.

Well I saved the $699 - and did the black tape fix, and smooth sailing since.

http://doube.org/sztp.html

I am hitting all the forums Sony, so hope you read this. This is the only recourse I have for you having tried to jack me for 700 dollars.

This computer is finally operating properly after years. I so wish I had done this earlier. You made me reinstall my system software, all of my software, send the computer in for days - costing me days of downtime - and then refuse to fix a computer that is under warranty -

You tell me that you need to replace the heat sink, mohterboard, fan, and charge me more than the unit is worth to fix your faulty hardware.

Good times.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds