Help New To Computers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jodkye, Jan 15, 2007.

1. jodkye

jodkye Private E-2

i am very new to computers and am still trying to work it all out, could some one please help me to learn how to free up space on my computer i have tried defraging i have deleated old and unused files but it still comes up that im running out of space. is there a really good but FREE program that i can use to help me with this

2. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

CCleaner is a great cleaner program, simple and easy to use. lets you edit your startup programs and cleans out your registry as well.

welcome to the site, you'll learn real quick here

3. jodkye

jodkye Private E-2

thankyou viper_boy i downloaded ccleaner it deleated a lot of junk i had but it is still coming up that i have low disk space have no idea what to do now all this technology is very confusing will keep trying thanks for your response:)

4. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

This is a good program that lets you see just what is on your HD and how much room it is taking. I believe it is free, my copy was. It is called Treesize Disk Viewer by Jam Software. Download the personal home version.
    http://www.jam-software.com/treesize/

5. jodkye

jodkye Private E-2

thanks musksnipe have downloaded treesize will see if it works or if i can use it with my limited ability thank you heaps

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds