Keyboard Stopped Working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MondiBlue, Jun 22, 2007.

1. MondiBlue

MondiBlue Private E-2

Last night I was typing an e-mail and sent it. After that I wanted to go to a website, but it wouldn't let me. I couldn't type in any characters whatsoever. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and the three little lights flickered for a second on the top right of the keyboard, but then went black. I restarted the computer with it unplugged and then plugged it in, and it still didn't work.

I got my computer in 2002 as a graduation present and have never heard of a keyboard just stopping. So, I went and got an old keyboard from my family's house. It didn't work either.

My computer is a VPR Matrix 2250 and has only had one problem since I've gotten it and that is, it takes awhile to turn on, once it's stopped working. That problem started a little over a year ago, but now it's better for the most part.

The keyboard I have is a Logitech Corded Deluxe Access Keyboard. I've been looking to upgrade to a wireless one (Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 6000), so should I just do that, or is there any way to salvage the keyboard? The keyboard not working doesn't mean that my computer is starting to slowly die, does it?

2. PinkMan

PinkMan Private E-2

Does your keyboard use PS2 or USB? If its PS2 try getting a USB, Your PS2 connection to your motherboard might be hooped. I know that when I had my usb keyboard the same thing happened. It was the usb on the keyboard that was the problem.

3. MondiBlue

MondiBlue Private E-2

My computer has a few USB ports left, but the keyboard that I was using was corded and plugged into the PS/2. So did the other keyboard that I brought over to test it out. My mouse is connected through a USB and it works fine.

4. PinkMan

PinkMan Private E-2

So it is probably your connection to the motherboard, unless both keyboards were broke lol. That would be unlucky. I would go buy a USB keyboard or a wireless keyboard and mouse combo...

5. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

Try a PS/2 to USB adapter. You might have one around, I know I do. In the mean time use the on screen keyboard with the mouse. It is a PITA, but it works. On the Start menu:
    • Point to All Programs.
    • Point to Accessories.
    • Point to Accessibility.
    • Select On–Screen Keyboard.
    Bug

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds