Windows Management Instrumentation(WMI) corrupted...

Discussion in 'Software' started by TechStupid, Aug 9, 2005.

1. TechStupid

TechStupid Private E-2

Hey guys..

Avast! was blocking LSAAS Explotis, and other such attacks from the internet from the moment I went online. So I decided to put up a firewall, and went to Microsoft Help.
    According to the info there, I went to the advanced tab in the properties of my Dial Up in 'Network Connections." But it says "Windows cannot display the properties of this connection. The Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) information might be corrupted. To correct this, use System Restore to restore Windows to an earlier time(called a restore point). System restore is located in the System Tools Folder in Accessories."
    I wud like to know if there is any way to fix this corruption. Also, My Microsoft Help isn't opening(The one in the 'Start' List. Is there a way to fix that?

Thanks.

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

Is this Windows ME, 2000, or XP?

3. TechStupid

TechStupid Private E-2

K, heres the deal...
    Win XP Service Pack 1
    224MBRAM
    2.8GHZ
    P4
    dats it i tink....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds