ERROR DLL could not be opened

Discussion in 'Software' started by abern01, Aug 2, 2006.

1. abern01

abern01 Private First Class

After using JV16 Registry Cleaner on my new Dell laptop, at startup I get a tiny error message that says:
    ERROR
    DLL could not be opened

There is an "OK" button, I click it and the message goes away. There is no error code or indication as to what DLL file or where it is located. That message always appears on startup.

I've used Registry Cleaner hundreds of times before and never had a problem. Being that the computer is about 1 week old, there isn't a lot of crap on it. I just installed then removed a couple of programs and wanted to clean out the registry.
    I ran Ad-Aware, Spybot, did a virus scan with Trend Micro, PC Pitstop and AVG...no problems were detected.
    I could replace the JV16 backup file, but I'd be back with garbage in the registry. Has anyone heard of this or have a solution to resolve the error message?

Thank you.

Dell Latitude D620
    Intel 2.0 GHz core duo
    Windows XP Pro
    1024 MB DDR2 RAM
    100 GB SATA
    nVidia Quadro NVS 110M 256 Mb

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds