troubleshooting a DUN connection issue.....

Discussion in 'Software' started by TeeCee, Nov 9, 2009.

1. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Greetings. I seem to be having some "issues" with my DUN connection.. Can't seem to figure this one out.. I have Windows XP Pro, SP3, and a dial-up connection... This just started this evening, and I did reboot but it didn't help.. :(

The problem is, I get connected just fine, and open my browser, and start to read a post, then am suddenly disconnected... No error, just a "no connection" and then I reconnect, and start all over again.. I scan every morning, and evening, update my AV every morning, and do my maintanance, so what is the problem? I'll call my ISP tomorrow, and see if they are having any 'issues' with the server, but I did use the modem diagnostics, and it is showing my modem is working fine.. Any ideas? :confused

I am taking a chance here, to see if I can get this posted before I lose my connection again.. Thanks....;)

2. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

Hey TC did you have the techs put the AVG9 on yesterday ? They may have done something to cause an intermittent problem with your connection some how? Just a thought.

BT

Edit: That explains the here and gone theory of your existence tonight:p

3. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

No, not yet, not until the 20th... This just started about an hour ago.. May be an issue with the server......:confused Been working fine all day, tho...:confused

4. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Well, it just happened again.. Like I am being kicked off line.. THE PITS.. I sure hope it is the server... :(

5. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

I'm assuming(once again) they don't have an 800 or after hours phone number?
    BT

6. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hi bigtrucks, no, no 800#, but I will call them in the AM.. I just got off the phone with Dell, we went thru some troubleshooting steps, and she said it wasn't the modem, as we did a few tweeks, by stopping all startup but the connection, and still, it only stayed connected for 3 minutes.... Anyway, after she got done, she said it was a "servor issue"... They will love me in the AM, for sure! At least it isn't in my computer.... rolleyes

7. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Well, I will be back tomorrow with an update, I HOPE.. I can only stay connected for 3-5 minutes, now, so will see what tomorrow brings... Dell says it isn't the computer, so we will see what the ISP says.... I couldn't connect to add this to the previous post, so hope I am not breaking any rule here.. Will post back tomorrow, provided I can get connected!! rolleyes

8. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

I sure hope they can resolve it.
    I think I'll check my post here to see if I have any takers.

9. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Got it all taken care of ;) The ISP somehow did something, because he had me go to OE, tools> Options> connections.... There was a check mark in the
    :eek and that was done by the servor.. All is up and snapping this morning! :-D

I LOVE the easy fixes!!!!! :celebrate!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds