Samsung SCD-103 HELP!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by brenbren, Feb 1, 2005.

1. brenbren

brenbren Private E-2

Hello everyone:)
    I'm new here and I am having lots of problems with my mini dv. I tried downloading the DV Media 5.0 software, then plugged in my mini dv via usb cable and it kept telling me that the software did not pass the Windows Logo test. It also would say the device was not found, even though it was plugged in and I did in fact download the driver.
    The whole reason I bought this is because I have children and I wanted to be able to make home movies of them and be able to edit these movies. Can someone please help me? I've been reading about other peoples experiences with Samsungs Customer Support and let me just say that I really don't want to call them.
    Hope someone can help me fix this. My OS is Windows XP Home Edition. I am trying to install it on a Dell Inspiron 600 that I just purchased directly from Dell. It has a DVD/CD burner with it. I certainly thought I'd be able to use this mini dv with my new notebook. I truly feel that I have all the current and up to date accessories that this device should be working properly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds