scrabble game makes computer HOWL...

Discussion in 'Software' started by amijo, Mar 27, 2006.

1. amijo

amijo Private E-2

I have a hasbro interactive scrabble game. If I put it in the CD drive about
    five minutes after I start playing my computer begins to howl so loud I cannot stand it and turn the game off and stop playing.
    I copied the CD to the hard drive, on C:, to bypass using the CD drive.. and it does the same thing. The game originally was for windows 95/98 and I downloaded and installed a patch from Hasbro games for windows XP. The game works fine either way.. BUT I cannot STAND the loud howling.. and this
    is the ONLY time the howling happens..
    Here is my computer's info:

Purchased new, circuit city, Jan of 05
    One user..myself only
    only games played are scrabble and solitaire

Sony Vaio DESKtop computer
    Pentium ® 4 cpu 3.00GHz
    2.99 GHz 504 MB of Ram
    Microsoft Windows XP, home edition
    version 2002, Service Pack 2

Local Disk (CJ total size 183 GB
    free space 170 GB

Could some wise person PLEASE tell me what to do? I have enjoyed this game for years on my old computer, and for about 9 months on THIS
    computer.. but then the howling started. It sounds like a jet plane about to take off.
    I would sure appreciate assistance. Thank you so much.
    amijo@juno.com

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds