IE 7 Wont Stop Crashing

Discussion in 'Software' started by LukeSlyTalker, Oct 30, 2006.

1. LukeSlyTalker

LukeSlyTalker Private E-2

I'm having problems with IE 7 crashing. Not when I download images, but every time I open it up. Usually when I close the browser down and then I get the windows trouble ticket box. I've had IE7 Installed for about a month now. On Monday when I got into the office there was an upgrade for IE7 so I installed it. Now every single time I use it it crashes on me.

2. Dreamer

Dreamer Corporal

I would just uninstall IE 7, its still very buggy. To do this go to Start -> Control Panel -> Add Remove Programs

Once you get to the add remove programs click the box at the top of the window that says "Show Updates" IE 7 should appear so scroll through your programs until you find it and then remove it.

3. LukeSlyTalker

Now I've read that if I do this that IE 6 should come back. Is this true? I never uninstalled IE 6. Will it still be there?

4. LukeSlyTalker

5. LukeSlyTalker

Just uninstalled IE7 and It did revert back to IE6. Thanks for the help Dreamer. It figures that the fix for IE is to uninstall it. Ironic huh?

6. Dreamer

Dreamer Corporal

Thats Microsoft for you...

7. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Dont trust anything Bill Gates puts money into.
    But yea, some bugs do need to be worked out in IE7 still.

8. Toni_1947

Toni_1947 Command Sergeant Major

Well, maybe I'm just lucky, but I have not had one single problem with IE7 and I've been using it exclusively for over a week.
    I did not do a web install though. I downloaded it to my desktop, closed all my running programs and installed. I remembered having nothing but trouble with the web install of IE6 way back and that's why I installed it off the web.
    I don't install ANYTHING on the web...Java...Flash, NOTHING. I ALWAYS download to my desktop and install.

9. Dreamer

Dreamer Corporal

I usually do too, it works out a lot better in the long run.

10. Bolts

Bolts Private E-2

As they say, quickest way to stop windows is to click start

:)

11. LukeSlyTalker

Hah....I have to appreciate the classic responses.:):):)

Toni_1947 I didn't initially have any probs with 7. The 1st couple weeks I didn't have any bugs. I'm not really sure why it started crashing on me. I did some security updates to Windows, which may well have been the problem. However, in the end removing IE 7 fixed the issue. I thought it was kind of bunk that IE 6 went away when I installed 7 as I am a developer and wanted both for browser testing. Maybe some day Microsoft will get their act together...but I'm not holding my breath.

12. GrreatRon

GrreatRon Sergeant

I'd like to know that secret. I uninstalled IE7 but when I tried to
    reinstall IE6 I got a message that I had a newer version already installed so setup would close....and it did. Are there some updates that I should have also uninstalled?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds