Modem driver reinstalled, dial-up not connect

Discussion in 'Software' started by mark042364, Feb 10, 2007.

1. mark042364

mark042364 Private E-2

I set up a new PC and attached the phone line for dial up service and the phone line went dead. Unattached the phone line from the PC and the ring tone came back. Called phone co. and they said it was a PC issue. Called Compaq, they had me reinstall the modem driver and the dead line comes back but again when I disconnect the PC from phone line it the ring tone comes back. Any ideas?

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Yes make its not plugged into an ethernet card. But the line in on your modem.

3. mark042364

mark042364 Private E-2

Sorry it took so long to reply, been very ill. Found my solution, Compaq sent a new modem, installed it and away we went. Thanks for the answer though.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds