Realtek HD Audio + Creative Inspire 4.1 Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Zato-1, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Zato-1

Zato-1 Private E-2

Hello people,

I recently bought creative m4500 4.1 speakers, now these come with 2 jacks, a light green one and a black one.

I have a Realtek HD 8 channel built in sound card, my motherboard is one Gigabyte p-s3 and its the one built in it.

When i connected the plugs (hopefully color-matched correctly) the speakers are all messed up, right back is right front, left back is right back etc..

so i did the audio test and reconnected them into the subwoofer ignoring the placements on it and just going with what channels it right.

Now the problem is, the realtek HD control panel doesn't have a 5 channel (4.1 or 5.0) option

[​IMG]

Any tips on how to connect these babies correctly?

Thanks in advance !

2. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

green is the satellites (little speakers) and black is the sub. some onboard sound doesnt have the 3 jacks needed for surround sound (black, orange, green) I think you may just need to change them around. what colors do your motherboard audio jacks have on them? is it just like how it shows in the program with the orange, black, grey, blue, green, pink? just play some music and start switching your plugs around until you get it how you want.

Welcome to majorgeeks :D

3. Zato-1

Zato-1 Private E-2

Thanks man,

Actually its just like the diagram (in the screenshot)

Since the speakers all share a jack, that probably means i can never get true 4 channel sound, true?\

O and music plays awesome, its just that in movies and games the rear speakers don't sound right.

4. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

so all 4 speakers are on the same channel? i think the best you can get with one plug is stereo so it would be basically 2.1 but with 4 speakers doing the work of 2. Try this though: go into the control panel, sound and audio devices, and under Speaker Settings go to Advanced and see if u can set it to 2.1 or 4.1

5. Zato-1

Zato-1 Private E-2

I set it to Quadrophonic speakers, there's no 2.1 or 4.1 option available..

6. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

sounds good, thats what i was thinking would be the case. Id just get a soundcard so you can take advantage of the speakers, but you probably already have a good idea of what to do from what ive seen in your other posts ;)

7. Zato-1

Zato-1 Private E-2

Thanks alot for the help, i was afraid i'd have to get a soundcard but it seems unavoidable .

And actually no :) when it comes to audio i know absolutely squat :D, especially speakers. Those numbers and decibels i can never get !

Thanks again !

8. Almos_80

Almos_80 Private E-2

Hi I have the same problem. No matter what you do or how you connect you can never get the rear speakers to work. Did you manage o solve the problem?

9. amarbir

amarbir Private E-2

i m using intel DG31GL motherboard in which Realtek_5548 (2.51A)R1.85 setting only 2 channel option is coming . i have done windows xp2 & drivers again from cd but only 2 channel is coming not 4. please help me

10. cool3omar

cool3omar Private E-2

I have a Gigabyte EP43-DS3L motherboard with the built in Realtek HD audio, and M4500 speakers, I had this problem for a long time, but my realtek command unit is different than the one in your screenshot. I found a checkbox option 'speaker fill', checked it and surround worked!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds