Serious Magic Visual Communicator

Discussion in 'Software' started by Terrakat, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Terrakat

Terrakat Private E-2

Purchased Visual Communicator via ebay and discovered that the Installation key would not open/activate the application, I am able to access files on the installation disc and I have the VC Manual (Book) which states that I can locate the Broadcast License Number (ie, key) by opening the Help - About file .... can someone tell me how to locate that file on the disc? I am NOT a Geek but do know how to follow instructions, and know how to access the disc files using the start-run, etc. I also tried a search of the disc looking for the help file but don't know what specific term to search for and came up without a result. - MANY Thanks!

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

HI

Try this from Adobe

http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/activation/version3/faq/#pa ( maybe version dependent but you have not supplied version so I went with latest one )

if you still have issues then contact Adobe http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/

3. Terrakat

Terrakat Private E-2

I guess I should have clarified the problem, first of all the application would not install from the disc, so I went to the Adobe website FAQ's and found a setup.exe file that would allow me to begin the installation process, BUT the keys that were supplied with the disc did not work... in reading the accompanying manual it indicated I could locate the "Broadcast License Number" (i.e., registration key) by checking HELP>ABOUT from the menu selections...and I will "see a summary of the basic system configuration information" , However, because the application is not installed I cannot do that. SO, I can do a START>RUN and locate the files on the disc, which tells me I should be able to locate a file that has the key ... QUESTION is: How do I locate the file that has the "basic system configuration information" on the disc?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds