Removing Spybot Security Center Integration

Discussion in 'Software' started by Hyphen, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Hyphen

Hyphen Private First Class

How can I do this? I've checked the security center and there's no way to turn it off and I don't even see it but there is a process running still (SDWinSec.exe).

2. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

Do you see an entry for Spybot in your add/remove programs?

3. Hyphen

Hyphen Private First Class

I do not want to uninstall the program, I want to remove the security center integration.

4. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

I don't use Spybot, I prefer Super Anti Spyware.

But you should be able to disable this feature using a program like Winpatrol;http://majorgeeks.com/WinPatrol_d3380.html

Go through the tabs and you should be able to disable any references to spybot.

Else, and I don't know for certain, you could uninstall spybot and reinstall, and is there a "custom" installation offered or any other choices of features you want to use when installing? Many times there is and many people just click through the installation process without really reading the choices, just accepting the defaults.

This is why I tell my students that when installing Any program to click through the various menus slowly, choosing "custom" when offered, and pay especial attention to the offer of any tool bars or "make this your home page/search engine" or any other defaults.

Many of these programs offer selections when installing.

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Could try the guide HERE @SaferNetworking on How to remove the Spybot-S&D Windows Security Center entry for Windows Vista, should work on Windows 7 but dont know on Windows XP.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds