Ethernet Driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by ToastTheif, Nov 18, 2007.

1. ToastTheif

ToastTheif Private E-2

I recently formated the hard drive of my desktop computer without thinking about a lot of things first. Now I have no Ethernet driver and cannot connect to the internet to download all the other drivers I also need. I downloaded PCWizard to try and find out what driver I need.

Under the Mainboard category I found the PCI Bus section, and then an entry that says "nForce4 Ethernet Controller." So I searched that + drivers on google and found http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_winxp32_amd_6.66.html

Is this what I'm looking for? I don't want to install the wrong thing.

Thanks

2. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

Since i dont know the model of your pc, cant say for sure, but i would say you have found the right drivers. ed

3. ToastTheif

ToastTheif Private E-2

I bought the computer from ibuypower.com so it doesn't exactly have a model. But the processor is AMD, if that's what you meant by saying you weren't sure if it was the right one.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

To be pretty certain of the correct driver for your motherboard as their are 4 AMD nForce4 versions for differing specs of motherboard, download this free app http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html and once installed and run click Computer > Summary and note the make and model of Motherboard listed next to Motherboard Name.

It is likely that the one you have is correct but best to be sure.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds