screen resolution

Discussion in 'Software' started by doogy, Mar 27, 2006.

1. doogy

doogy Private E-2

Hello all. I am using a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop with Windows XP Media Center Edition... I love everything about this laptop and have been using it for about 5 months. As a general rule, I always use 1680x1050 resolution, but I'm encountering a problem with that. My problem started when I started using a video projector and Powerpoint every week. Should be no big deal. However, now every time I shut the lid on my laptop or restart, it resets the resolution back to 1280x768, and I have to reset it to my preference every time. This gets to be a real nuisance. Does anyone know what is causing this problem?

Thanks,
    doogy

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

1. Are you certain that the projector supports a resolution this high?
    2. Is the resolution back to normal after disconnecting the projector and BEFORE shutting down the laptop?

3. doogy

doogy Private E-2

I am certain that the projector is NOT capable of resolutions that high. However, that is not my goal. I only wish to use the high resolution for everyday use. My problem may be that I'm not manually resetting the laptop to use the monitor instead of the projector. Could that be it?

Any advice appreciated. It will keep the high resolution that I want until I shut the lid of the laptop or shut the laptop down. Then it changes it back to the lower resolution, and I have to reset it again. If you close your laptop often, (which I do) this is a real nuisance.

Thanks,
    doogy

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds