File Transfer Recommendations

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by travelling_man, Dec 12, 2006.

1. travelling_man

travelling_man Private E-2

Hi peeps!

Looking for some advice and what better people to ask!

I am looking for a piece of software that I can use to log onto another PC over the net and transfer files. The two PC's are in seperate locations and the file transfer ability should be in both directions (ie you can log on on either machine and transfer files to / from the opposite machine.

The link is only required to be between these two fixed computers so a limited version would be acceptable.

Any help and advice gratefully received :)

2. nitecrawler

nitecrawler Guest

You need FTP client software...

FTP (File Transfer Protocol) is the simplest and most secure way to exchange files over the Internet. Whether you know it or not, you most likely use FTP all the time.

Have a read here.... http://www.ftpplanet.com/ftpresources/basics.htm

Includes 'WS FTP Home' client software download as a fully functional, free 30day trial!

Regards...

3. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

TightVNC Features
    Here is a brief list of TightVNC features absent in the standard VNC.

File transfers in Win32 version. You can updload files from your local machine to the TightVNC server, and download files from the server to you computer.

4. travelling_man

travelling_man Private E-2

Thats brills! I've already paid for the full version of this so if I can use a piece of software that I have already bought its great!

Thanks again!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds