2 NICS - bridging network - controller PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by amberH, Feb 10, 2011.

1. amberH

amberH Private E-2

I have a networked PC with 2 NICs.
    One is connected to our business network, with a static IP address (10.38.75.xx) the other NIC (10.42.10.xx) is connected to a Controller machine.
    The business side of things works fine - network access & internet access works well.
    The intent with this PC is for a vendor to be able to RDP it (which he can) then open a browser and use the Controller's IP address (10.42.10.33) to access and control the connected machine.

I am an administrator - logged in as myself, and trying to browse to this IP address, the page tries to load forever. It never times out or displays an error - just continues trying to load.

At first, the vendor that was accessing this machine, when logged in as himself, COULD get the web page to open up at that IP - but he wasn't authorized to install an activeX program that needed to be installed. Logged in as myself, I couldn't get to the point where it asked to install the program.

Because I couldn't figure out how to fix this, I just set him as a local administrator as a short term fix - now he can't access the web page either. I've tried setting him back (removing his adminstrator privileges) - but now neither of us are able to access this page.

Any suggestions??
    Amber

2. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

Which network is he RDP'ing in on?

3. amberH

amberH Private E-2

He's RDP'ing on the business network - connects to the PC fine - but he is unable to connnect to the Controller via a web browser.

4. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

I'm gonna go old school and say reboot everything. That usually fixes it.
    Does the controller respond to ping?

5. amberH

amberH Private E-2

It seems a reboot of the controller itself has fixed the problem.
    Thanks for you help.
    Amber

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds