an email accounts is receiveing a zip file that can not open, error message "invlaid

Discussion in 'Software' started by erbertoscali, Jun 8, 2015.

1. erbertoscali

erbertoscali Private E-2

One of my exchange 2003 email users received an email with 5 pdf files and one Zip file (a set-up program) attached. He tries to open the zip file and the error message says "The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or corrupt"

Of course, this means there is something wrong with the MS Exchange Server and I must find the problem and fix the problem ASAP. I know how to run the wizards to set-up Exchange, but such problems are beyond my skills.

And idea what is set wrong and/or broke in Exchange causing this problem. Also, is there any way to get into this account from the server to see this email?

Thanks, Robert

Running - 2003 Exchange on my SBS 2003 Server, with Symantec Endpoint

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Re: an email accounts is receiveing a zip file that can not open, error message "invl

Not necessarily Robert. First thing to try if JoeRay's suggestion doesn't resolve it, is to get the user to ask the sender to try sending again. If that doesn't help it may be because the user is still on XP, unsupported for over a year now and possibly infected or faulty. If he is able to get the email sent to a different computer, preferably one running something later than XP, that might resolve it too. If this is the only problem you are aware of with mail that has passed through your server then it probably is not the server at fault.

3. aidenburke

aidenburke Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds