Network Controller Compaq SR5130NX

Discussion in 'Software' started by kyidkim, Oct 28, 2012.

1. kyidkim

kyidkim Private E-2

I installed Windows 7 over Vista, and the computer is no longer detecting wireless networks.

PC: Compaq SR5130NX
    Motherboard: Asus M2N68-LA
    Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
    (These are from the HP product specs page - I installed and ran Everest, but it doesn't display details on the motherboard or network controller.)

Device Manager has the yellow exclamation symbol next to Network Controller.

I've installed drivers from nvidia with no success.

2. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Hi.
    You will not be able to see ANY wireless networks as your board does not have a wireless card !!!
    I think you need the Network card driver for your system .....

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software8/COL19561/pv-51681-1/sp35016.exe

You must be logged on as an administrator to install this update ... download and 'Save' the driver to your desktop ... rightclick > 'Run As Administrator' > follow the prompts to install > after install restart your computer so it can recognise the changes made... properly!!

Go to Devicemanager > Network adapters> Nvidia Lan xxxxx > rightclick > update driver software .. let windows detect and try to find a newer driver version for the network card.

If you wish to use this tower wirelessly you will need to purchase either an pci wireless card or usb wireless dongle.

hope that this helps solve your issue ;)

3. kyidkim

kyidkim Private E-2

:confused Detection and connection to wireless networks was fine when Vista was installed.

I will likely reinstall Vista, as it appears the hardware has only been supported for that OS.

4. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Hi,
    If you havent reverted your system back to vista yet will you run speccy for me .... this will give me a better picture of what hardware you actually have installed (including everything that is connected).

Download the free, Speccy http://majorgeeks.com/Speccy_d6358.html then run Speccy and click File > Save as Text File, then attach the log as per instructions below (note: as Speccy also now lists more data it likely will have your Windows licence serial key also in the log, so look for Operating System and under that Serial Number and delete the code and Save the log)

Then attach your log to your next post as per these instructions http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86880

Thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds