Flash Drives

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Geobob73, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Geobob73

Geobob73 Private E-2

Dear all i need a solution for PCI Flash Memory i can not repair this i have a windows xp and i'm new at this can some one help please

Geobob73

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Can you explain more as to your issue as Flash Memory is hardwired and if faulty is likely not easy to repair, unless you mean that the data on your Flash Drive is corrupt?

In which case amybe a data recovery application may help, try Recuva, but do remember to save the recovered data to a Hard Drive or CDRW and do not save back to the Flash Drive as you can overwrite data you're about to recover.

But the more info you can give on your issue the better as I have just guessitmated above.

3. Geobob73

Geobob73 Private E-2

hi i'm prety new at this and do not know everything i just repaired my windows xp and it gave me this problem.

i can not US MY USB ports and i have tried several things but nothing seems to work.

can you help me out.

i need this to work because it's working on my nerves.

thx for your help.

geobob73

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

PCI is a type of card inside your computer
    Flash memory could be lots of things
    USB ports normally do not have anything to do with the above unless your USB ports are on a PCI card.
    You haven't give us clear information.

All we know is that you have a computer running XP and that isn't enough to help you.
    1. What is the make of your computer?
    2. What is the model and the numbers/letters behind the model?
    3. Are any service packs installed for XP? If so, what?

Please explain EXACTLY what you did to repair your computer because there are lots of ways and we can't guess what you did.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds