Computer freezes and Blue Screens

Discussion in 'Software' started by Roymishali, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Roymishali

Roymishali Private E-2

Hi, I need help with diagnosing what the problem is with my computer.

Sometimes it freezes while I'm working,
    and there's blue screens.

I bought a new graphics card, new RAM and new SSD hard drive, 3 weeks ago.
    The Windows Memory Diagnostic tested the computer's memory and detected no errors

Here is the problem info:
    [​IMG]

I thought it was the computer's temperature, but it seems fine:
    [​IMG]

CPU-Z and HWMonitor reports are attached as a txt file.
    dmp and xml files from the blue screen are attached as a zip file.

Thanks to anyone who can help me.

Attached Files:

2. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

Welcome to MG's!

The 5V and 12V rails look way out of spec.; reboot and enter the BIOS, find the page for temps and voltages and note them all down to cross-check, HWMonitor may be misreading - or your PSU, (possibly motherboard,) will need replacing with a quality make/model, of sufficient power for your near-future needs.

3. Roymishali

Roymishali Private E-2

4. satrow

All looks fine in the BIOS but the components aren't under any real strain there. Let's try a different monitoring tool: HWiNFO64

When you run it, select 'sensors only' and it'll detect then start up, use the PC as usual for 30 minutes or so, use some of that time to stress the CPU and GPU - some gaming?

You'll need to take several screen-grabs to show the full extent of the data, we need to see all of it!

5. Roymishali

Roymishali Private E-2

I ran 3D rendering, video rendering and 3D games for about 30 minutes.
    In the last 5 minutes, I closed everything.

HWiNFO64 log is attached.
    Or, you can view it on Google Docs.

Attached Files:

6. satrow

I much prefer pictures, spreadsheets are way to abstract for me ^^

5V looks good, 12V is a little shaky but is, I think, within allowed specs., both tying in with the BIOS readings so we now know which program to 'trust'.

Run MemTest86+ from a bootable USB stick overnight or while at work; check for firmware updates for the SSD; zip and upload that minidump, and any others - copy it to your Desktop first, path to it is in your screenshot.

Lists of hardware diags and methods here: http://carrona.org/diag.html run through a selection of them and report back.

7. Roymishali

Roymishali Private E-2

Memtest86 took a lot of time.
    it didn't create any log file, so here's a screenshot ...literally, lol

I checked for SSD firmware updates with SanDisk SSD Toolkit, it says there are no firmware updates for my SSD.

I ran some tests from your link, including FurMark, Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool, Prime95 and CrystalDiskInfo SSD Diagnostics.
    the results are attached.

Attached Files:

8. satrow

Those stats look fine; I'd have preferred 7+ runs of MemTest86+ on each stick individually though, RAM issues can be tricky to detect sometimes.

Lets's see some logs and crash dumps next - carefully read and follow the instructions here - note the part about running as Admin; once you have the required files zipped up, come back here and attach them to your next reply.

9. Roymishali

Roymishali Private E-2

Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2 + Performance Monitor report attached.

Attached Files:

10. satrow

My gut feeling is that this may be malware -related, checking the Autoruns.arn file would sometimes provide further clues to this but it's not available in your file collection.

I suggest you carefully read and follow the instructions here and ensure the PC is clean before going any further in the current topic.

Also take particular note of this.

11. Roymishali

Roymishali Private E-2

I followed this guide, found some problems and fixed them.

The autoruns arn file is attached, also in image format..because I heard you prefer images.

Also, I removed the graphics card driver, and installed the default drivers.
    It's been two days and I'm not experiencing any freezes or blue screens any more.
    but again..just two days. I'll give it one more week to make sure that the problem doesn't return.

Satrow, I want to thank you, you've been a great help.

Attached Files:

12. satrow

The autoruns.arn file is of little use, it looks like it wasn't run as part of the BSOD apps procedure; the output if correctly run, would have included visual verification of file integrity.

If running that anti- malware procedure detected and removed anything more than cookies, I'd want to ensure it was really clean before trusting it. The best persons to entrust that task to are the Malware team, in the form of a new topic there, with all logs attached as required.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds