Win7 BSOD

Discussion in 'Software' started by pquer, Mar 18, 2014.

1. pquer

pquer Private E-2

Hello, I've been getting BSOD's on my laptop. I got it a couple months ago used (it's a couple years old) but I put in my own hard drive and reinstalled windows.

Windows 7 Professional x64
    Service Pack 1
    Intel core i7-2620M CPU @ 2.70GHz
    8GB RAM

The last BSOD said "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL." Technical info:
    *** STOP: 0x00000001 (0xFFFFF88000BFE000, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xFFFFF880064FA740)

*** NETwNs64.sys - Address FFFFF880064FA740 base at FFFFF8800643000,

I've attatched the minidump debugs of the last two stop errors, as well as some of the errors/warnings from Event Viewer from around the time of the last BSOD. (There are a ton of error/warning messages, this is just an excerpt)

The BSOD's happen randomly, and I'm only ever running qBittorrent, notepad (or TED notepad), and Firefox.

Let me know if there's anything else you need, and thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

3. pquer

pquer Private E-2

I have updated my wifi drivers, but I still got a BSOD with the new driver (NETwsw00.sys) causing the BSOD. My wifi adapter is Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6250 AGN + Wimax, and I'm wondering if it's the wifi+wimax duo that's causing problems, or if there is a problem with the adapter itself (though I have no problems going online). I initially had trouble installing the drivers for Wimax (though I don't think I use wimax) but both drivers now seem to be installed properly.

My stop errors seem to be triggered by qbittorrent (according to the minidump debugs), but it happens completely randomly. I have qbittorrent running all the time when my computer is on, and I only get stop errors occasionally. Could it be how I have qbittorrent configured on my network? I'm really stumped. I haven't had a bsod in over a week, and I've been using qbittorrent almost constantly. The last one I had was almost immediately after I updated my wifi drivers. (But I am still able to use wifi with these same drivers)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds