USB Bugcode BSOD

Discussion in 'Software' started by Potato Mawnster, May 25, 2014.

1. Potato Mawnster

Potato Mawnster Private E-2

Hi, I've been having this blue screen issue for the last half year now on my laptop which runs Windows 7 Home Edition Service Pack 1. Randomly, it will just crash and give me the blue screen indiscriminately. For example, it would sometimes crash when viewing Youtube videos, just right after startup, or even when the laptop is closed and in standby mode. This blue screen rarely occurred months ago, but it now happens several times a day. My laptop is connected to a external mouse and keyboard through the usb ports if that matters. Any advice on what to do? Thanks.

Here are my laptop specs:
    Manufacturer: Toshiba
    Model: Satellite L655
    Processor: Intel(R) Premium(R) CPU P6100 @2.00 GHz 2.00GHz
    RAM: 3.00 GB (2.86 usable)
    64 bit OS

Here is error report after a BSOD:

BCCode: fe
    BCP1: 0000000000000008
    BCP2: 0000000000000006
    BCP3: 0000000000000005
    BCP4: FFFFFA80071F7000

OS Version: 6_1_7601
    Service Pack: 1_0
    Product 768_1

I would include the dmp and xml file, but this site doesn't allow those file types. Even then, I can't access the xml file. Any advice on how to get these files onto this thread?

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  2. _nullptr

_nullptr Major Geeky Geek Geek

Copy the dumps to user space e.g. your documents folder, then compress them in a zip file. Attach the zip archive. :)

3. Potato Mawnster

I have the dmp file but I can't access the other file,
    C:\users\<account name>\local\temp\wer=230101=0.sysdata.xml

When I search the temp folder, sysdata.xml file could not be found.

4. _nullptr

_nullptr Major Geeky Geek Geek

Don't worry about the xml file, the dmp file contains all that is necessary.

5. Potato Mawnster

Alright, here it is. Thanks.

Attached Files:

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Seems your USB controller is acting up and yes it could be a USB device such as mouse, so unplug and test, does the issues you describe still happen with mouse unplugged?

In Device Manager do you have any yellow ! marks by a device and if yes then what device?

I would be tempted to re-install your chipset to see if that helps fix the issue, and chipset for your model HERE --- install reboot and test.

If the issues still happen then let us know and likelihood is to in device manager si to in the USB Controller branch is to uninstall add on USB devices such as mouse, mass drivers etc and re-install as one could be corrupt.

Others may have different thoughts and solutions, but do let us know what works.

7. Potato Mawnster

I've updated my chipset and waited to see if it would fix it. Things seem OK for a few days, but I just got the same bluescreen. I assume that it's probably the usb devices then.

By the way, under device manager, I have two yellow ! marks under the 'Other devices,' which lists my Officejet 4500 G510n-z wireless printer twice.

8. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Great feedback thanks, and what is the make and model of your external mouse used on this laptop? and is its unplugged does your laptop run ok?

Do you have that Officejet printer still? if not then uninstall the device manager listings, if you still have and use it then this needs to be fixed and uninstall the references and then install printer drivers again, just in case its a corrupt driver.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds