how do i retrieve old email from pop server?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by breadbin, Jan 20, 2006.

1. breadbin

breadbin Private E-2

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to download all my mail from my pop account and not just the new mail. I have been using a web based pop account and now I have my computer set up with Mozilla Thunderbird and thought it would be straightforward to download all my mail onto my computer and delete it from the server. Thunderbird just checks for new mail and won't do anything with the old ones. From what I can remember outlook was the same way too.

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Check your settings for your email provider. Also, is it via POP or IMAP that you are retrieving email?

3. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

Outlook saves all the retrieved mail on you Hard Drive (the file has a .pst extension).

In Outlook, log to the Accounts Menu, choose your account, choose to Change, choose More Settings, in more settings choose the Advance tab and you see this,

As you can see, it is rather flexible choices.

http://www.ezlan.net/network/pop3.jpg

:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds