Mankind aka Brad passed away

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by DavidGP, Jul 26, 2014.

1. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Just to let some older members who would have known Brad aka Mankind, that he passed away this week, I don't have much info on what happened apart from he has lesions on his lungs and passed very quickly.

I have to say Brad was a long stalwart on the internet and a tweaker from the old days of Tweakfiles, great guy and friend and would do anything for anyone if he could.

Rest in Peace my friend

David

2. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Yeah, I heard this from Don. So sad!:(. I heard Dale Perino passed away, too. Lost too many damn friends, recently. I nearly became one,too, with my own lung lesions and Type 1 Leukemia, but still around for now.:p.
    R.I.P. Brad and Dale. you are some of the good guys..;)

3. DavidGP

Hi Barry

I know DP as well, really sad week, both really great guys.

Hope you doing ok Barry as we lost touch for a while?

4. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

:( That makes me so sad. Brad and I used to talk about gardening in my Gardening thread. He loved to plant flowers.

RIP Brad

5. DavidGP

He did Laura and loved the outdoors and gardening a hell of a lot, think I have some pics of his garden around here somewhere from a while back as he always sent me pics.

6. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

That is bad news for sure. He was well liked. He will be missed.

7. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

My condolences. We have lost so many great members over the years. :(

8. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

Aww I'm sad to hear this. :(

He was a great guy and will be missed.

9. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

RIP Mankind. Thoughts and prayers to the family.

10. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

Sorry to read of this.

Godspeed, Mankind. My condolences to his family.

11. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Rest well, Mk, since that is how I knew you. I will miss you, we all will. Wherever you are now, may you forever have unlimited bandwidth, good food, and a garden that's never plagued by weeds.

Vila i frid, my friend.

12. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Oh no. :( This is very sad. I used to chat to Brad alot. And yes Laura, I too remember the gardening thread. Brad loved Nasturtiums (sp)

At least it was quick as Dave said. RIP my friend you will be missed.

13. cabbiinc

cabbiinc Staff Sergeant

Sad to hear. RIP Brad.

14. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

I remember having long conversations about his smoking and how much he enjoyed smoking but at the same time was always worried about the negative health effects he was experiencing and his breathing, that was around 5 years ago now. I stood next to my uncles hospital bed as he suffocated to death, I just hope Brad wasn't in too much discomfort.

He'll be missed, wish I'd have spoken to him more over the last couple of years.

Later Mate.

15. MrPewty

MrPewty MajorGeek

I didn't know Mankind, and my sympathies go out to his friends on here.

I did know dperino though. Shocked to hear he had passed away. RIP both.

16. oldandconfusedagain

oldandconfusedagain Private E-2 <i>emeritus</i>

sad............
    had more to say, but timed out before I could finish.
    will be missed.

17. DavidGP

Folks cheers for the kind messages and I know Brad would have loved to read them. He was a great friend to me and we talked tweaking of PCs for years when PCs needed tweaking, thus "tweakfiles" was the place we all hung out and met in the late 90's

All I can say is cheers folks for adding some comments to this thread that will last to his memory and good journey my friend, will miss our MSN messenger late night booze fueled chats! :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds