Mobile AMD ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by renegadeone8, Aug 2, 2004.

1. renegadeone8

renegadeone8 Private E-2

Ok. My question is about mobile processors. Do newer laptops have heatsinks??? Fans??? mine doesnt, but it is an old P1.

Is this why AMD mobiles overclock better???
    Do you need a heatsink, or will it cool itself??
    Can you put a heatsink on one to overclock a lot more?

2. eric06

eric06 Sergeant Major

basiclly every computer has a fan, and i think every processor has to have a heatsink or it will not cool enough to run. laptops obviously would have smaller heatsinks becuase of the lack of room in the case. ( i think, check me if i'm wrong) but like others have said in past threads you shouldn't overclock a laptop, there just not made for it.

eric

3. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

4. glennk721

glennk721 MajorGeek

Just a quick reply,,some of the top end laptops ,,IE desktop replacement models have up to date cooling,,I have a gateway Pent 4 ---2.8 mhz with Hyper Thread Tech,,,my processor is split in 2 with 2 seperate logical brains,,,therefore it requires lots of air ,,Im posting a pic of the bottom of my laptop,,not the best pic,,,,,,but it shows 2 GOOD size fans ,,,,that blow out the back of unit through copper/aluminum heat fins ,,,,Glenn

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2013
  5. eric06

eric06 Sergeant Major

so glenn, ur laptop runs 2.8 on a pent.4? thats awsome my desktop runs 2.4 on pent4. so what do you use your laptop for that needs that much power? you do like 3d stuff or gaming or what?

eric

6. glennk721

glennk721 MajorGeek

I do alot of graphic design,,I design websites,,,and also I run a server thats on a T1 line lots of bandwith = Lots of fun LOL...but requires alot of processing power....and yes P4 2.8 with HT 1gig 333mhz DDR Ram

7. eric06

eric06 Sergeant Major

thats a beast but thats awsome. i would love one of those, course all of us would i'm sure, so how did you get the t1 connection? do you use all of the bandwitdh?

eric

8. glennk721

glennk721 MajorGeek

Covad,,,I acutally have greater then T1--3meg DL 3meg UP ,,,its close to a T2 actually LOL but big bucks a month,,,I still do govermental work,,,PS look at my profile,,,I still do administrative duties,,,Goverment paid....:)

http://www.covad.com/blp/t1/

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds