Security Question about Microsoft Security Essentials

Discussion in 'Software' started by FtaTF85, Jan 2, 2011.

1. FtaTF85

FtaTF85 Private E-2

Hi! New member here and after trying to reply in specific threads and getting a message that I could not, I decided to just make a new one. So, I have some security questions. I have a Gateway NV78 and i had purchased CA Anti-Virus. I used it for about 9 months but wasn't impressed with the results. Long story short, I erased it and am now running Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes has been great but I'm just wondering if the Microsoft Security Essentials is good enough to be a stand alone Anti-Virus program? Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated.

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, FtaTF85.

Posts are not allowed in existing threads in the Malware Forum, for obvious reasons. However, if you are having problems posting in existing threads in any of the other MG forums, that is a problem, and I'm sure one of the moderators will address the issues.

As far as Microsoft Security Essentials, there are many users here who have stated that the suite has greatly improved recently. I'd suggest continuing your own research, and I'm sure others will chime in with their pros and cons.

Good luck, and welcome aboard! :major

3. gman863

gman863 MajorGeek

I recently switched from AVG Free to MS Security Essentials and have been happy so far. No virus issues and it doesn't seem to slow my system down.

Even with this, I still run a full Malware Bytes scan every two weeks even if there are no symptoms of infection. No anti-virus program can prevent every issue; I'd rather be safe than sorry.

4. FtaTF85

FtaTF85 Private E-2

Thanks i appreciate all the input

5. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Unless you are trying to post in this forum, which is Read Only: Virus Software Updates (Read Only)

Welcome to Major Geeks.:)

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds