hi, need help ( acer laptop window 7 )

Discussion in 'Software' started by lostwallet, Mar 29, 2012.

1. lostwallet

lostwallet Private E-2

hi , i had a virus on my laptop where everything kept opening random stuff , so it pissed me off and i reformatted my computer
    now after the reformat , i try watching movies and nothing loads , and i try to log on facebook its just blank? i try opening windows media player and it doesnt load , i download divx player only some movies work some are really messed up

2. plastidust

plastidust Command Sergeant Major

Hi lostwallet.

A little more information is needed before anyone can offer some plausibly workable solutions.

Is this a 32bit or 64bit version of Win 7?
    Were there any problems during the reformat?
    Which browser are you using?
    Is FaceBook the only site you have trouble connecting to or are there other sites as well?

After the re-format did you re-install the Sun Java Runtime Environment?

Did you re-install the Adobe Flash Player? Note, there are multiple versions of this depending on browser and version of OS(32 or 64bit). You may need more than one version if using 64 bit as well as if you're using IE and another browser like Firefox or Opera

What(if any) messages are you seeing when trying to run Windows Media Player? Please be as precise as possible.

Since you reformated, have you installed any "codec" packs such as the K-Lite Codec Pack Full or the Windows 7 Codec Pack?

When you "try watching movies and nothing loads" do you see any messages? Does this happen at all sites or just some sites?

Have you tried watching any movie(s)/video(s) using VLC media player? If so what were the results?

Are you seeing any other unusual messages during normal operation of the computer?

3. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

IF you want too play movies and other stuff Go with this Codec pack i have never turned back its free and use's all the codecs.
    http://majorgeeks.com/CCCP_Combined_Community_Codec_Pack_d6093.html
    just install this and you don't need any other Pack
    Just un-install any other codec you have in stalled first.

If you Don't want any other players use that codec pack this even plays DVD's if you have a DVD player.

4. lostwallet

lostwallet Private E-2

hey plastidust,
    sorry mate duhh , ok so
    its a 64 bit win 7 , no probs when i formatted , internet explorerer? regular?

nope all sites work perfect ,
    and when i load facebook i can log in for some reason then it logs in and i can see top part like my account - friends - logout part but i cant see the page? ,
    and i cant load movies just blank whiteness
    ,i did not reinstall java or adobe but there is an adobe already on this laptop , and i did not download any codec packs of any sort i did not update windows either,
    ok when i try and load windows media player it does nothing at all if i try and right click movie open with windows media player it brings an error message (c:\users\,c\desktop\02.wmv --- server execution failed )
    i downloaded vidx and some movies work some are all glitched ( yellow stripes all in the video screen )
    \
    no other error messages

5. lostwallet

lostwallet Private E-2

new problem , facebook videos dont work , or pictures

6. lostwallet

lostwallet Private E-2

not facebook videos * youtube videos*

7. Goldenskull

Link too facebook help
    http://www.facebook.com/help/videos

You tube works fine for me
    What you need too do is install the flash player for Both
    Internet Explorer And For Other Browers.
    http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

Most likely that is the reason for no videos showing.And make sure its either for 32bit windows or 64bit.If you install 32bit on a 64bit system most likely it will not work.Make sure you get the right up dates.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  8. lostwallet

lostwallet Private E-2

ok i downloaded sun java , the correct adobe , and flash player for the right internet explorer and still nothing

9. Goldenskull

10. lostwallet

lostwallet Private E-2

11. Goldenskull

Go to the flash player link i gave you click on the version of windows you have then in the 2nd option where it gives you two options click the first one that says For other Browsers.http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

12. lostwallet

lostwallet Private E-2

the page wont load , just the outlines of the adobe is showing

13. lostwallet

lostwallet Private E-2

this is dumb guys.... its like i have a trojan or virus blocking me from watching videos , loading facebook / hotmail , you tube ,

i dl'ed anti virus removal tool and nothing came up

14. lostwallet

lostwallet Private E-2

should i reformat aaggain..?

15. plastidust

plastidust Command Sergeant Major

When ever you reformat and reinstall Windows, the first thing you want to do is make sure your drivers and Windows itself are up to date. You also need to have adequate security installed and up to date, firewall, anti-virus, and anti-spyware. If you don't, your computer is not going to stay in working order for any length of time.

If you now suspect there is malware on the machine you should follow the steps in the READ & RUN ME FIRST Malware Removal Guide, then start a new thread in the Malware Removal forum attaching the requested logs created while following the guide.

If you choose the malware removal route instead of a reformat/reinstall, please do not make any further changes to your computer except for the instructions in the guide and later the instructions provided by the malware removal Experts in the Malware Removal forum. Once you've been given an all clear in the Malware Removal forum you can come back to this thread and continue on.

16. Goldenskull

17. lostwallet

lostwallet Private E-2

ok so i reformatted to factory , i didnt update windows with the windows update

everything works fine now , exept 1 new problem

i go to majorgeeks.com type in search mcafee , and all i see is a blank page?

like i cant search but i can browse the admin tools , all in one tools , anti virus section on the left side weird?

facebook works perfect now , i can play games perfectly youtube works fine now , i didnt do anything after i reformatted , maby when i first reformatted it rolled me back? idk...

now im trying to search for a good free anti virus but search wont work on majorgeeks.com webpage

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Trial) 1.60.1.1000
    www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2012.03.31.05

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 NTFS
    Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421
    mike :: MIKE-PC [administrator]

Protection: Enabled

31/03/2012 1:26:19 AM
    mbam-log-2012-03-31 (01-26-19).txt

Scan type: Full scan
    Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
    Scan options disabled: P2P
    Objects scanned: 285908
    Time elapsed: 19 minute(s), 42 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
    (No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 0

(end)

18. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

If you start here http://majorgeeks.com/
    what happens when you scroll down and type your search term in the box on the left not the box at the top of the page?

The top of the page is a special google search and loads in a frame.
    The search on the left under FILES is different.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds