67% overclock

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mcknight, Sep 25, 2007.

1. mcknight

mcknight Private E-2

Hi, I'm a rookie at O.C.ing but I was wondering if a 67% overclock of a E4300 on stock cooling is any good?

2. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

YES! lol That's pretty impressive, how much did you have to raise the voltage?

3. mcknight

mcknight Private E-2

Actually I didn't raise the voltage at all. I think my motherboard might have though. It's an Asus Commando and has this "Extreme Tweaker" menu in the bios. You just enter the front side buss speed and I guess it does all the rest itself. According to CPUZ the voltage is 1.33v.

4. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

what have you done to test stability?

5. Anon-15281db623

Anon-15281db623 Anonymized

The E4300 is a wonderful little processor. I have mine running at 3.6Ghz with a cheaper yet better than stock, cooling solution. I had to up the voltage slightly but nothing major. 67% is very good, and you can push it further. :major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds