So it's official...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Wenchie, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

I'm having a boy. I wasn't supposed to find out for 3 more weeks but there were complications and they needed to check on the baby. Luckily everything is ok.

Not going to buy anything for a boy until I have 2 sonos tell me the same thing, because my Daughter's sister Rachell was a boy on all 3 sonograms... but hey they think so!

I had an odd dream a few days ago about needing to keep an ornately decorated water balloon safe for Ryan. I don't know a single Ryan and I had a similar odd dream for my daughter so I've decided that's going to be his name.

Ryan James to be decided. Don't know if I want him to have my name or his father's yet. hehe.

Just wanted to share.

2. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

Congratulations, happy all is well. Start practicing the *duck and roll* now. Think someone told me to make sure you always have something between the waterfall and your person at all times.

3. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Hey congrats on the soon-to-be son, Nada!:cool That is so cool! - You can soon have one of each. Ryan James are good names too. Glad all the complications got sorted. ~ Take care, hun:)

4. chaimjm

chaimjm Staff Sergeant

Glad the complication were not very serious. A good strong Irish name Ryan is. We have a saying, which we always say when we hear that someone is pregnant, in Hebrew “b’shah tova” (translated) “at a good time” meaning that your child should be born in good health, in his own time (on time). So I wish you “b’shah tova”

5. dc57

dc57 Private First Class

Congratulations Wenchie, that's great news!

6. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

The Yang to your daughter's Yin. ;)

Congrats girl.

A wish for you...May the rest of your pregnancy be complication free and your son be born healthy and painlessly.

7. Ken3

Ken3 MajorGeek

Congrats, Wenchie. I echo Laura's wish and prayer. :)

8. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

Hehe, Have you seen these?

http://www.bippityboppitybaby.com/peepeeteepee.htm

Thanks everyone else. The complications are tentatively resolved I just have to watch for a couple of things and if they never happen all the better. But the baby is healthy, and even though he's just 4.5 months he's so active that other people can feel him. So I'm in for it near the end. And now that we know what it is Kevin talks to him by name.

But i'm still not buying it anything until someone shows me the little bits, because I didn't see anything like that and I actually understand what I'm looking at on the screen. And if I deck out a room in green jungle animals and it was an umbilical chord I will be upset. :p

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  9. gal1998

gal1998 solo-cob

Congrats to you. I don't blame you for not running out and buying "boy" things. You never know for sure till that baby is born.

Best wishes for a good pregnancy and a strong, healthy baby.

10. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Congrats, Wench:) and I see you gave him a wonderful middle name.. "James" :D

11. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

hehe, well several of the most influencial people in my entire life caryy that name, i figured it was appropriate.

12. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Congrats :)

13. BluesMan

BluesMan Sgt. Snot Bubble

Congratz!!!!

14. LI_Geek_95

LI_Geek_95 Post-and-Run Geek

I didn't know you were pregnant! Congratulations!
    My math teacher just go tback from maternity leave, and my mom had a baby about 2 years ago. Girl. But from my brother, I must tell you... AVOID THE STREAM. 2 Sisters, 1 brother. Me, 13 | Emily, 8 | Brendon, 7 | Olivia 2 | Mom 3* | Dad 4* Parents married 10 years

15. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Nice to hear you're past the complications. :) I'll make a toast come mid-Jan or so.:drink

16. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

Well, hopefully past. And I'm not due till feb 6!!! Don't jinx it! (even though I highly doubt I'll go that long...)

Oh and Z your parents are BRAVE. This is my last barring freak accident. I know all about the stream, my little brother could clear 5 feet when he was a baby. There were some unfortunate cutains in just the right spot.. lol.

17. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

LMBO, you'll have to try those little teepees; don't think it will work though. My godsons did not lie still when being changed, thought it was a game. Little legs and arms would be kicking and flailing to and fro.

Getting a diaper on was a project and most of the time ended up lopsided, which would be considered a win by the boys. I was satisfied that it was somewhat on. Then they learned how to take it off so we could start the game all over again! I went out and bought them both a bunch of overalls, their first lesson on female logic.

18. Horsey

Horsey Sergeant

Ever get hit full bore in the face? Happened to me once with one of my cousins - that's an experience I'll never forget :eek

@Wenchie: I'm glad you don't have to worry about complications anymore - my Mom went through that with me. Good idea on not starting to make purchases for the baby, either. I saw the sonogram of my aunt's baby, and I hadn't the faintest clue how the doctor knew what he was looking at.

19. BrainDrain

BrainDrain Private E-2

Boys can be better to handle than girls sometimes. I have a 2 year old and he is very shy & keeps to himself. My sister has 2 girls and they just run a muck everyday!

20. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

nuttin' worse than Girls gone a'muck. :p

21. whoay35

whoay35 Private First Class

Sounds like the title of a country song ;)

22. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

If it's not, it should be. My daughter's father has 3 little girls, so throw Kahlyn in the mix and it's like an unrelenting cat fight. Theres enough bratitude to give you a migrane - which it frequently does!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds