Knights of the old republic 2 problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kazenji, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Kazenji

Kazenji Private E-2

I recently have started playing it.....first time going through it

And i've been playing it but in certain area's of the game it just goes all slow. Has anyone experienced this problem ?

2. Kazenji

Kazenji Private E-2

well i've looked it up seems to all come back to 'Obsidian Entertainment' the folks that made it

anyway i'm now experincing another problem

i'll be playing the game for 10, 15 mins (approx) and then all of a sudden the game freezes and sounds goes.

3. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Which OS are you on, and what are your system specs? Which pathces have you installed, and have you added any unofficial mods?

I never had the problem you describe when I played it the first time, or when I replayed it recently.

4. Kazenji

Kazenji Private E-2

Running the game on XP and the only patch i've installed is version 1.0b and i also put in some file to fix up the force speed Blur

AMD Sempron Processor
    2600+
    1.60 GHZ, 2.00 GB of Ram

For the video i'm using Radeon X1650 series

5. Mimsy

Are you also still having the slowness problem, or has it been replaced by freezing and losing sound?

If you don't have the latest driver for your video card, get it here. Same with your sound card driver (though I don't know your sound card so you have to find that on your own ;) )

6. Kazenji

Kazenji Private E-2

The Slowness problem is still there but thats only back on peragus it happens i've found

i'll give a go that link.

7. Mimsy

Update your DirectX 9 as well. A surprisingly large number of game problems can be traced back to old drivers and/or missing system updates.

I'm not going to check this thread again until some time late tomorrow (on account of being on vacation and having fun outdoor things to do), but post back with any progress or changes, please. :)

8. Kazenji

Kazenji Private E-2

Just came across another problem with the video

i just arrivied on Dantooine and the cockpit are and some other area's of the ship has the weird colour paletes.

9. Mimsy

I've been doing some research on this, but wasn't able to find something. Have you tried to simply back up your saves, and then completely uninstall the game (complete with registry cleaning), reboot, and reinstall in Safe Mode?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds