PC Build - System switches off after 10-15 seconds

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mark3235, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Mark3235

Mark3235 Private E-2

I purchase some items from Misco the online store and all was well, I built my system from the parts supplied and a Sata HDD, bought separately, I have double checked all of the connections and this is my third PC build. I connected all of the leads and powered up the system. It started fine and I went as per to set the BIOS. The system stayed on for about 10 – 15 seconds and switched off!:cry. I wrote to Gigabyte’s technical line and got that they want me to send the Mobo back :yum , so I thought prior to that I would get a second opinion from you guys :wave . The Parts bought were as follows:

1. Generic 1GB PC4200 533MHz Dimm x1
    2. INTEL PENTIUM D 945 CPU and fan combo
    3. GIGABYTE 965P-DQ6 SKT 775 CONROE MB
    4. Connect3D X1550 PCIE 512Mb Graphics
    5. Antcec Nine Hundred EU Games Case
    6. Antec TRUEPOWER TRIO 430W ATX PSU

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated confused

Mark

2. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Remove all boards and drives, leaving only the processor and memory.
    Check the seating of processor and memory. Its possible your processor is badly seated and overheating within 15 seconds.
    A good motherboard should fire up and stay running. You obviously won't get a picture without graphics, so reintroduce the cards, one by one, finishing with hard drive, floppy, cd.

If the motherboard doesn't stay running, send it back. There seem to be a spate of duff boards lately, from various manufacturers.

Studio T

3. Mark3235

Mark3235 Private E-2

Thanks, I will try that and let all know...:wave

4. Mark3235

Mark3235 Private E-2

Thanks for the reply, I will take a look and try that...

will let you know ...Cheers

5. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

I have seen bad stick of RAM cause constant reboots several time. If you have another stick, I would suggest trying it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds