no connection to internet

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mortal ambience, Jun 28, 2005.

1. mortal ambience

mortal ambience Private E-2

I just got a new laptop and we have a wireless network set up that connect my computer and it works fine. When i fist got the laptop i realized that whenever i tried using our router (d link DI-514) it kept dropping the signal and i couldn't stay online. So then I found another wireless signal from a neighbor and even tho it is wrong, i tried using it for a while and even tho the signal was weak, it worked really well. Today, neither of the connections will allow me to go online at all. Any ideas on what i should do? I didn't change anything from yesterday when it did work.

2. King

King Private E-2

There's a good chance that your neighbor noticed the extra traffic and enabled encryption on their WAP. What I would recommend is trying to get your own WAP/router working again, maybe by resetting it to defaults, and then update the firmware for your router. There's a good chance that a firmware update will help your signal loss/drops.

Let us know if you need help with these things,

-K

3. russian master

russian master Private First Class

i must concur with that assessment...either that, or ask me for a router

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds