Error message on Mozilla Thunderbird while moving emails from POP3 to IMAP

Discussion in 'Software' started by Squeezie0714, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Squeezie0714

Squeezie0714 Private E-2

Hello,

I have recently started using an IMAP server rather than a POP3.
    I have been trying to move all of my emails from the POP3 to the IMAP server, but i keep getting this error message when trying to move certain emails:

"the current command did not succeed. The mail server responded: Message contains bare newlines"

I was using use Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0 which was what i started out with, but then upgraded to the 1.5 Beta 1 yesterday in hopes that this issue had been fixed on the new version. Unfortunately, it has not. It is very difficult for me to function without being able to move these emails becasue i have to go through duplicate email boxes so that i can track everything. I am getting very frustrated, and at this point it is interrupting my workday trying to ge tit resolved.

Has anyone ever dealt with this issue before? If so, have you found any resolution?

I am working on a Toshiba Satellite Laptop. It is a P4, 3.06GHz, 480 MB of RAM and the OS is Windows XP Home 2002, SP2.

Thanks in advance!!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds